Massage Therapy at the CFHC
Our massage therapy program focus is to help you achieve your treatment goal as timely as possible. By working within our Centre, and with a complete team of health professionals, we are uniquely able to provide complete therapeutic care.
We also want to be helpful with your financial situation so we are able to direct-bill many insurance companies, complete automobile insurance paperwork and accept credit and debit cards.
Whether your need is to have a moment of relaxation, reduce muscle tension or attain relief from chronic pain, a therapeutic massage can enhance your overall sense of emotional and physical well-being as well as your quality of life.
Therapeutic massage is an important part of your health maintenance plan, by:
- Reducing or eliminating pain
- Improving joint mobility
- Improving circulation
- Improving immune system functioning
- Increasing lymphatic drainage
- Reducing depression and anxiety
- Reducing tension within muscles
- Increasing body awareness
Massage therapy can be beneficial to people of all ages and conditions and is widely used to help obtain relief from many specific problems, including:
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
- Stress relief and associated conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains
- Back pain
- Repetitive strain injury
- Circulatory and Respiratory problems
- Pregnancy and labour discomfort
- Post-injury and post surgical rehabilitation
- And many other conditions.
Massage therapists participate in a Quality Assurance Programme that assists them in the maintenance of high professional standards and quality care of their clients.
Excerpts from the Registered Massage Therapy Association of Ontario, RMTAO website: www.rmtao.com.